Since opening its doors in 1983, The Heartland Spa has captured the attention of the local and national media alike. Not only has The Heartland been profiled in hundreds of newspapers and magazines nationwide, but it's also been featured on numerous television and radio programs. In fact, the queen of daytime television herself, Oprah Winfrey, has raved about her Heartland Spa experience and has shared one of her fondest memories…it was during her stay at The Heartland when she received a phone call from Steven Spielberg letting her know that she got the role of Sofia in the Oscar-nominated film, The Color Purple.
Back then, just like today, there are no telephones in our guest rooms, so a member of The Heartland Spa staff had to locate Ms. Winfrey to let her know that Steven Spielberg needed to talk to her. As you can imagine, there was a lot of excitement that day!
Click any of the links below to see The Heartland Spa and Fitness Resort in the news.
- Heartland Spa partners with Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating - Special Discounts for Heartland Spa guests ...details
- Today's Health & Nutrition
Heart Healthy at the Heartland Spa ...details
- Chicago Sun -Times features "Getting Healthy in the Heartland" ...details
- Suburban Focus Magazine announced the 'BEST of the Suburbs'. In the category of Best Spa, The Heartland Spa was voted in the top two.
- Spas of America, a global online media company focused on healthy living and travel, in 2011 ranked The Heartland Spa as their #1 Illinois Spa, #2 Destination Spa, and #9 globally out of 800 Spas.
- Budget Travel names the Heartland Spa as one of "7 Great Trips"
- Gayot.com selected the Heartland Spa as one of the Top Ten Destination Spas in the U.S. for 2008